Friday 29 August 2008

Cakes

I've been browsing all those wonderful cake blogs that there are on the internet in the past couple of weeks and I decided to try making some cakes myself too as I hadn't made any for ages.
This first one is a chocolate cake filled with chocolate filling and Canarian banana cream. First a couple of pictures of the unfinished cake.


And here is the cake, ready to be eaten:

In the end I decided to add some chocolate decorations too but they melted as soon as they touched the cream. At least I know to use different type of chocolate next time.

And here's another cake. I tried making and using marsh mellow fondant first time in my life.



I also made another cake, a small chocolate cake but I forgot to take a photo of it before Dave took it to a couple who are celebrating their 52nd(?) anniversary tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment