There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 29 August 2008

Cakes

I've been browsing all those wonderful cake blogs that there are on the internet in the past couple of weeks and I decided to try making some cakes myself too as I hadn't made any for ages.
This first one is a chocolate cake filled with chocolate filling and Canarian banana cream. First a couple of pictures of the unfinished cake.


And here is the cake, ready to be eaten:

In the end I decided to add some chocolate decorations too but they melted as soon as they touched the cream. At least I know to use different type of chocolate next time.

And here's another cake. I tried making and using marsh mellow fondant first time in my life.



I also made another cake, a small chocolate cake but I forgot to take a photo of it before Dave took it to a couple who are celebrating their 52nd(?) anniversary tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment